Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Prelude to a Faerytale: Eden Revisited

Prelude to a Faerytale: Eden Revisited
This is the lost story of the Garden of Eden. After Adam and Eve chose the path of Knowledge, and were expelled from Paradise, they were sent forth to be fruitful and multiply. God took a look at all He had created and was saddened. All of the beauty He had made, all of the love he had poured forth for Adam and Eve was visible in all He beheld.

So, in His infinite wisdom, He walled it away....for humankind would never set foot in His garden again.

And as He turned away...darkness decended upon the Garden of Eden.

The Angels wept, as they heard His soft sigh of disappointment echoing throught the Heavens.

And in that moment.....the Faerykin were born.

God saw what had occurred, and looked closer upon these two beings that came from His despair... and knew He could not abandon them.

Though Adam and Eve were made in His image, these two were forged from the weeping of Angels.

Together they gazed upon all that God had created, in silent awe of His Magnificence.

Soon they grew tired and fell asleep, dreaming of all they had seen.

God spoke to them in those dreams, calling them Lilith and Micha-El. He shared with them His hopes for them, and instilled within them their duty to fulfill those hopes as the Keepers of the Garden.

Lilith and Micha-El learned to nurture the land, as it nurtured them. And as time passed, they learned to care for themselves, and each other.

They took joy in life, and in each other.
Many times God would smile upon their antics, and listen to their laughter as it pealed through the Garden.

When they were together, they spoke of many things, growing closer together. But neither could express their feelings outloud.

They danced together under the pale moonlight......

but were left with the feeling that something was missing.

Lilith had decided to explore the Garden when she stumbled upon the Tree of Knowledge.

Remembering all that she had been taught, she carefully tended the tree, and harvested it's fruit.

She took the basket and hid its contents. She would not make the same mistake.

When she finished, she returned to the Tree to make sure she had gotten all the fruit.

Suddenly, she sensed that she was not alone.

The snake had a voice as smoothe as velvet, and he spun for Lilith a temptation as sweet as the fruit she had just hidden.

But she remained unmoved. The snake was surprised at this...so he made a second tree appear.

Lilith called for Micha-El to join her......

and together they harvested the fruit to be hidden.

Being forged from the weeping of Angels, had made them impervious to Satan's insidious tongue.

They turned their backs upon the snake, and walked away without looking back, secure in their faith , and trust in God.

They remain the Keepers of the Garden of Eden.

Authors note: Please keep in mind that this waas my first foray into the world of Sims2 story telling. With pictures and all that. So please be kind.

And remember...this is only what could have been.

Thanks to all those wonderful Custom Content creators, if they hadn't, then I couldn't have......

20 comments:

Damon said...

very good i clap my 2 fingers (yes my fingures) in interest can't wait until the next part

chardonnay said...

You will have to wait then...at least until tomorrow....

But Thanks. I actually enjoy a 2 finger salute!!!

Leah said...

It's wonderful.
I'm at a loss for words...

chardonnay said...

Thanks Leah.....

Hopefully I will get some more up today.....

S@n said...

:D :D love it...The pictures where very dark.. lol but again, there is no need for pictures in your writing:D

:D i think a second part is coming right? lol

:D im going to add you to my writers list... ok?

chardonnay said...

That's fine. Go right ahead.

The darkness is because it is the Garden of Eden. No electricity. ;P

And yes...there is more coming....just be patient....

Anonymous said...

Ah I think I read the second part before this one. This was an interesting take on the creation myth. I really like where you went with this and am looking forward to more whenever you get it up.

chardonnay said...

Aislinn:

It's okay reading it backwards...I did that to one of yours...so we're even...:P

And thank you! I am glad you enjoyed this. It was my very first attenpt at a sim illustrated story.
and I think maybe I wrote it for children. But adults are liking it too!!!!

S.B. said...

Gorgeous, evocative. I loved it the first time I read it, and now that I know a little more, I love it even more.

chardonnay said...

Thanks Beth. I hope you get much enjoyment from my stories....

I didn't realize how good people thought they were....

thewynd said...

I loved reading this again. So beautiful. I am going to go enjoy the rest right now. Thanks for posting these here.

chardonnay said...

You're welcome Gayle! Thanks for checking them out again!!!!!

Lorianne said...

I've just discovered this story, but all I can say is that I am at a loss for words. It's so beautiful. I'm going to read the rest right now.

chardonnay said...

Thanks Lorianne! I am glad you are enjoying this story.

I hope you enjoy the others too!

Don't forget to check out some of my poetry and non pictured writings too...LOL!!

(Shameless plug) Heh heh heh!!!!

Astral Faery said...

Very charming. I hope there will be more. I just love fairies. Beautiful scenery - I can tell you put a lot of work into your settings.

chardonnay said...

Thank you!!

If you only knew the story behind this one...and all the troubles I have gone too to get this one going....Unfortunately...my graphics card and my pc can't keep up.


Time will tell. I am thinking about re-doing it with all new pics and maybe changing it a little so I can continue it onwards.

That will take a new pc...Tax time I hope!!!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful...Lovely, peaceful, and sad all at the same time! Your decoration must have taken you a quite a while, but it was worth your hard work, it looks wonderful! :)

chardonnay said...

Thank you Zayuri!!

I am glad you enjoyed it! This was my first simstory ever. And yes, it was a lot of work...but it has paid off in the end..so many have enjoyed it!!!

Colliegirl said...

I like your story, too, Melissa! I love fairy stories! I would have liked to see a close up of Lilith and Micha-el's faces. I love seeing the character's expressions and what they look like. :)

If you decide to do a re-do that would be great!

Well, I'm going to snoop through more of your stuff now... so stay tuned! :)

chardonnay said...

Thanks Tammy!!!

There are 3 more parts to this...don't forget to check them out too!!!

Glad you are enjoying this!!!

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Melissa. And I am a Domestic Dictator. I rule my household with determination and sheer grit. And if you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you. Somewhere. And if you give me enough time, I'll figure out where. If I had to really describe myself, then I am at a loss for words. But I shall try. I would say I am a very creative person, with a sometimes big mouth, and a quick, and weird sense of humor. I like to write. I have written poetry, and stories. Some of these stories are based on the Sims2 Game.
Proud member of

SimTales

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP